Thursday, March 26, 2009

Plan B

The Pro-Choice agenda is very near and dear to my heart. For those who may be against abortion or birth control, the operative word in the first sentence is choice. Not everyone is ready to have children. See Did They Think I'd Have To Go To High School.

I have two adult children who are also very near and dear to my heart (I know, I know, I don't look old enough to have two adult children...you're sweet). Yet, I taught them they have choices. Now, all sexually active women have a choice if they think they may have an unwanted pregnancy with Plan B. Plan B is the emergency contraceptive that can be used within 72 hours of unprotected sex. Remember ladies, unprotected sex is not a good idea. You don't want to go around telling people you might have "The H". But, why isn't there a plan b for those who made the choice to have children that turn into unruly ingrates? Merck? Pzifer? Bausch and Lomb? For god sakes, invent some rose colored valium.

Nebraska had a novel idea when it passed a law allowing parents to leave their children at a safe place, like a hospital, without fear of prosecution. Apparently, this backfired for the Nebraskans. The lawmakers did not define child. People began leaving unmanageable children, toddlers to teens, at hospitals. I think that has been changed now.

The contraceptive Plan B has some side affects such as, nausea, abdominal pain, fatigue, headache, and dizziness. These symptoms are the same for parents which seem to intensify in the child's tween, teen, and adult years. As I continue to wait tables, I continue to see horrible acting children with no manners or respect for anything. It makes me wonder what will happen when these kids grow up and rule the world.

Maybe we should just go back to Plan A where children were seen and not heard. Maybe my grandmother was right.

No comments:

Post a Comment