Saturday, July 25, 2009

Shamrock Out With Your Cock Out!

Every year my family and I meet in Cocoa Beach, Florida for my mother's birthday. Every year new places pop-up to visit (drink good beer). A couple of years ago, right across the street from the condo we call home for a week, a place called Nolan's opened. A nice little Irish pub actually owned by Irish folk. They have a weekly trivia night. The topics range from music to sports to Irish trivia. The best part of the festivities, for me anyway, is naming one's team.

We only visit for that 1 week yearly. So for one night, for the past 2 years, my family and I have played on this one blessed day. You may wonder why I might call it a blessed day when religion plays no part in my life. I am here to tell you. The winner of the trivia contest receives a $50.00 bar tab. Unfortunately, that has not happened for me and mine. There are other winners. Best team name and worst team name. No, you don't get free drinks, but you do get goofy prizes while the whole pub boos or praises your team name.

That's right! We have now won 2 years in a row (the week that July 17th falls) for worst team name. This year we were team Shamrock Out With Your Cock Out (Thanks D.). And, the year before we won with the team name Erins' Go Braghless.

Personally, we had the most imaginative names. The name that won the first year we played was the F.S.. They didn't use the actual words, the fuck sakes, they had to pussy out with an acronym.

I can't wait for next year...the boobs that shake the barley? If anyone has any suggestions for next year I will share the pot of gold. That is, the crap one finds on the ground on St. Patty's Day left by those lovable drunkards some liken to Irish. Everyone knows St. Patrick's Day is an American made holiday. But, if we win with a suggested name, the Guinness is on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment